We spend so much energy and money trying every new product on the market in an effort to find the fountain of youth and look our best. Meanwhile we overlook the simple but crucial solutions related to what we eat. Putting that same energy into getting the right nutrients everyday will not only make you look your best on the outside, but will also allow your body to function it’s best on the inside.
Here are my 3 MUST HAVE’s to be your best every day and look your best for years to come.
1. Pea Protein Milk
What it is?
Pea Protein non-dairy Milk is vegan, nut free, soy free, lactose free and gluten free.
Nutritional Value – Why it’s Great
It has more protein and calcium than other alternative milks like soy, almond and cashew. Pea Protein Milk has 10 grams of protein per serving. It has more calcium than dairy milk. It is fortified with 110 percent of a consumer’s daily requirement for B12.
BONUS: Dear to my heart is that peas have a smaller carbon footprint than raising dairy cows.
Benefits Gained from consistently eating Pea Protein Milk:
- Filling:The protein naturally found in peas helps you stay full. Pea protein has been proven in studies to activate the release of hormones in the body and helps to make the body feel satisfied.
- Builds Muscle = Burns Fat: Peas are abundant in branched chain amino acids (BCAAs). A diet rich in BCAA’s can help keep your body in a muscle building mode throughout the day and helps to create energy which helps you feel more motivated to move and be an active fat burning body.
- Easy Digestion: Peas are easily digested and hypoallergenic. That means less stress on your digestive system and less chance of elevated insulin levels. Result will be that you can burn more of your stored energy in the form of fat not sugar.
What it is?
The largest source of protein, making up one-third of protein in the body, in can be equated to the framing of a building structure. Collagen is found and used in skin, bones, muscles and tendons of the human body. It is utilized by connective tissue cells. There are 16 different types of collagen, 80-90% are 1,2 and 3 which are the most common known to those supplementing the protein on a daily basis.
Why it’s Important?
Age decreases the body's production of collagen, as a result the noticeable symptom is the skin and more so for women during and after menopause. So regardless if you are before, during or after such a change, being proactive about collagen does pay off both internally for collagen replacement and externally for the skin.
Benefits of Collagen
Collagen is a protector of the strength and integrity of the skin. In the dermis (middle layer of the skin) the fibrous cells called "fibroblasts", organically turn on new cell growth and help to replace and restore aging or dead cells. The trick is how to "turn on" the fibroblast cells. " light therapy is one safe and effective way" as well as Chlorella which has its own RNA and DNA that communicates to our cells when repair and regeneration are needed, which then may boost collagen synthesis.
- Skin Regeneration: All types of collagen help the body at any age but especially when it desire to be more like a “baby” skin. Collagen helps to smooth wrinkles and increase tone and firmness within the skin.
- Joint Health: Daily consumption of collagen helps to strengthen tendons, joints, and ligaments.
- Digestive Health: Glutamine helps promote gut and digestive health.
Good Sources for Collagen
Organic forms of maco-nutrients that naturally contain collagen molecules are more likely to be absorbed by the skin rather than collagen creams, as collagen molecules are too large to pass through the skin.
Some foods that support collagen formation include:
- Egg whites and Cabbage
- Raspberries, Blueberries, Blackberries & Cherries
- Strawberries, Broccoli and Green Leafy Vegetables
- Dark Chocolate, Sunflower & Pumpkin Seeds
- Kale, Spinach, Carrots
What it is?
Wheatgrass could be one of the most nutritious and cleansing juices. Wheatgrass can’t be digested in its natural form, and so it is juiced in order to be absorbed into the bloodstream, providing an instant boost in energy and nourishment.
Nutritional Value – Why it’s Great
Wheatgrass is similar to molecular structure as red blood cells, enhancing oxygen to every cell of the body. 1oz of wheatgrass contains the equivalent of more than two pounds of fresh fruit and vegetables
Benefits of Wheatgrass
- Energy Boosting: Wheatgrass juice increases energy by supplementing the nutritional deficiencies within the colon and assisting the removal of waste that clogs cells, blood, tissues and organs.
- Enhances Blood Circulation: Wheat grass juice helps satisfy the appetite while enhancing digestion and blood circulation.
What’s in Wheatgrass and Why I love it so…
Getting back to my “baby” skin analogy. When baby’s are first born they only have breast milk. Breast milk has all the nutrients that the baby needs to live on as well as easy to digest, no stress on the digestion system and they sleep like a “baby” because their bodies are happy and full.
Well, I could say the same thing about wheatgrass and adults. Wheatgrass has all the nutrients that the body needs, zero stress on the digestive system, helps satisfy our appetite and allows us to have normal blood sugar levels so we can sleep like a “baby”.
- Vitamins- A and C. Balance of B vitamins
- Minerals- 92 of the 102 known trace minerals recognized as available to plants. Organic calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, potassium and iron. The minerals especially iron help to keep blood’s PH levels regulated due to their pro alkaline dominance.
- Amino Acids-Wheatgrass contains essential amino acids, plus alanine-a blood builder, aspartic acid, which helps with mental awareness.
- Chlorophyll- 70% of wheatgrass is chlorophyll (by weight), which is an important blood builder and natural disinfectant. Wheatgrass can naturally support the reduction of bacteria in tissue. A natural detoxifier wheatgrass is the one hit wonder that works on all the organs that work with HGH levels. By helping to dissolve toxins from the liver the benefits not only show up in your energy but also in your skin. Many skin issues can be resolved with daily intake.
- Superoxide dismutase- helps to slow cellular aging
- cytochrome oxidase- antioxidant for proper cell respiration
- Proteases amylases-helps with digestion of protein and starch.
BONUS: wheatgrass has been credited with
- Preventing gray hair
- Relieving constipation
- Accelerating healing